Monday, July 2, 2007

Web Awards

23 Things Item#19 Web 2.0 Awards

I looked at the short list of award winners. That was very efficient because the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners for different categories are listed. The range of categories is vast - from health to games to real estate to video and more.

I chose to explore the books category. Librarything was #3. I was surprised. Lulu was #1. I did not feel that was fair. They have different purposes concerning books. Lulu is for more for the self-publisher, while Librarything is for the book reader. I prefer Librarything because I like the way it lets me sort books and share reviews.

Zillow is the #1 service for real estate. I have used it often, especially for maps. The maps features and comparable values features are very useful, especially if one is looking for a home in an unfamiliar area.

No comments: